Cellulite is a metabolic disorder of the subcutaneous tissue – mainly of the pelvic region, thighs, and abdomen – in which the fat of the fibrous connective tissue is arranged in a herniated manner.
Since it affects almost all women, there is a wide variety of treatments on the market, most of which have not shown any effectiveness.
In this area, factors such as physical activity or food can play a relevant role. We recommend that you pay full attention to food to reduce cellulite.
Causes of cellulite
Cellulite is the result of several structural, inflammatory, biochemical, and vascular changes that determine an abnormal tissue arrangement. Its causes, however, are poorly understood, and its impact on health does not seem to be important.
Several factors are related to the predisposition to cellulite, among which are:
- To be a woman.
- Being white White women have a greater predisposition.
- Genetic predisposition
- The lifestyle. A sedentary lifestyle and prolonged static periods (sitting or standing) can determine inadequate blood flow.
- The pregnancy. Certain hormones related to pregnancy, such as prolactin and insulin, can influence the appearance of cellulite.
Diet to reduce cellulite
As with the rest of the cellulite treatments, there is no solid evidence to make clear statements about how to end cellulite.
Similarly, there is no specific diet to end the abnormal disposition of female subcutaneous fat.
On the contrary, some tips can be put into practice that will have beneficial consequences on overall health, physical appearance, body weight, the amount of body fat, and, indirectly, on cellulite.
Here are the Top 20 foods to reduce cellulite:
Dark, Leafy Greens
Green and herbal tea
Apple cider vinegar
Chili and cayenne peppers
- Make the basis of your diet consists of unrefined foods that give you a high number of nutrients (unrefined cereals, legumes, seeds, vegetables, vegetables, and fruits).
- A varied and balanced diet that provides all the nutrients the body needs is essential for proper functioning and that all tissues have the right structures.
- Special emphasis deserves the contribution of vitamins and minerals.
- An excessive diet in carbohydrates, especially refined and sugars, causes an increase in insulin secretion and promotes the formation and storage of fat, which in turn can increase it.
- The type of dietary fat is also important. Increase the consumption of omega-3 from natural sources (fish and seafood).
- It also consumes extra virgin olive oil, rich in unsaturated fat and natural antioxidants. This type of fat will give more fluidity to cell membranes, decrease inflammation, and improve blood lipid profile.
- The weight loss has shown a variable effect on cellulite. The more advanced it is, the greater the effect produced by the reduction in body weight.
- In any case, if there is overweight or obesity, the loss of body fat and the increase in lean mass will determine an improvement in general health, in addition to a variable reduction in cellulite.
- The performance of physical exercise can improve the microvascular system and determine improvement in the disposition of tissues and cellulite.